I mourn my old blog design….
For a few weeks now, the slider hasn’t been working on my old, beautiful, clean, happy blog design. A dysfunctional slider just won’t do. So I’ve updated this site to a bold, blocky, somewhat-scary and intimidating layout. It makes me think of vampires and Halloween, which isn’t what I’m going for, but oh well. Eventually I’ll have the time to create a newer, nicer layout, but for now I am pressed for time….
…because I am busy writing Ferran’s Map, the next installment of The Cat’s Eye Chronicles! In the last week, I have finished 4 chapters. This is quite a fast pace and all of the plotting I did is certainly paying off. At this rate, I could conceivably finish the first draft of the book by December.
I find that when I write, I lose track of things: time, meals, cell phone, keys, friends, pets, cleaning, personal hygiene…. Writing takes up 100% of my focus and memory when I am pounding through the first draft. By the end of the day, I feel foggy and mentally drained, but excited about the next chapter to come. 8 hours of sleep later, I get up and start the process all over again. When I am feeling inspired, I can sit and write for 8-10 hours a day.
Book 4 of The Cat’s Eye Chronicles will feature a bit of the following:
1) Crash and Sora (of course) working out their awkward and estranged relationship. Can they really go back to being “just friends?” Or will nature take its course?
2) Ferran has a lot to offer this story. More on his background, his unique abilities with his Cat’s Eye, his falling-out with the Ebonaires and much to do with a map…
3) Lori’s past in the City of Crowns is a bit darker than we all thought.
4) Remember Lord Gracen Seabourne from Sora’s Quest, the captain of the King’s personal guard? Remember that whole scandal over Lord Fallcrest’s death? Well, certain plot-lines are going to start coming together. Thought I forgot about all that, didn’t you?
5) Sora is going to have to play noblewoman again. Parties, intrigue and masquerades ensue….
6) Krait and Caprion might have more in common than you all think.
7) Remember the monster (garrolithe) from the Crystal Caves? Yep, it has a place in this story as well.
It’s looking like Ferran’s Map is going to be the longest installment in the series so far. I am 4 chapters in and I have barely scratched the surface of the plot. I have a feeling this book is going to be quite large. Stay tuned for more updates and an eventual cover reveal on the horizon.